THE LIFE AND TIMES

THE LIFE AND TIMES
Meeeeeeeee

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Rents


I think I may have been a little over zealous about this blog thing. It was my way of moving away from facebook, but these days I can't find much time to update my blog. All I can say is that I am excited for my family to come visit for Thanksgiving. Although I'm nearly 29, I still yearn to spend time with my parents and wish I could see them much more often. I am really lucky to have my parents. They are my friends. Pop leaves me goofy messages on my voice mail all of the time. They are usually pretty cryptic. He calls me on his lunch breaks to tell me he is just checking in, and that he is walking along the Port Angeles waterfront for exercise. I think Mom used to go meet him more often on those walks, but she's been busy quilting and preparing lessons for seminary lately. My dad is really good at keeping in touch with me, and always has been. I remember going to Pennsylvania for the summer for ballet. I think I received a postcard from Pop almost every single day.....even it they only had a sentence or two written on them...and usually about what he ate that day. Anyway, Mom has been such a good friend to me all of these years too. I think I stalk her.....actually I do. Has your mother ever asked you to stop calling her? Yeah, me neither, but sometimes I think she gets frustrated because she's in the middle of making a quilt or preparing a seminary lesson or something. But Mom still always answers the phone when I call her. I think she likes that one of her daughters is still single and likes to communicate with her on a daily basis. She will listen to my woes about work being slow, boys, finances, and my political ideas. I think she is my biggest supporter when it comes to me finding happiness and fulfillment. And the coolest thing for me, is to see my parents walk hand in hand. It's wonderful to see best friends stay best friends for so long. I love my parents dearly, and am so excited to spend time with them and all of my family this Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Suzan said...

Now I know why you're so dang cute!

Perry Family said...

You're never too old to love your parents!
I miss you Lani!
Cami Sue

The Clark said...

hey chica bonita! nice to see you in blogersville. i was doing negative pull ups today (attempting to someday be able to go UP instead of just down) and i was thinking about you.

xoxo,
rachel (suz's cuz)

Five More!

Five More!