THE LIFE AND TIMES

THE LIFE AND TIMES
Meeeeeeeee

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Uppers




I was just thinking about the little things in life that make me happy. Do you ever do that? You know, you're busy doing your own thing, and you find 5 bucks in your jeans pocket while you're doing laundry.......or you see a picture of yourself when you were 5 wearing that awful hand knitted sweater.....or you get a voice message from your dad that you decide you have to save because you laughed for ten minutes straight about it ......or someone totally trips right in front of you at the store and you try not to laugh? It's those little things that keep me going sometimes, and what I think really make up the best part of our every day lives. You know what I'm talking about right? And I think we all have our own little lists of things that keep our engines running. Forget the big graduations, birthdays, road trips, vacations, anniversaries, etc. Daily things we do or events that occur, to keep us smiling. Here are some of mine that I've thought up.

A Family Guy episode I somehow missed on Hulu.com and now get to watch it
Finding an earring I thought I had lost at the bottom of my purse
A client unexpectedly resigns early and I get a boost to my commission
My turkey meatloaf experiment turns out just right and Alex seems to genuinely like it
Sleeping in for 9 hours because I don't have work on Sundays
Looking at a picture of myself wearing uncomfortable laderhosen that Mom made me wear when I was about 4
Stepping outside and it is much warmer than I had expected
Werther's Originals in coffee flavor
Lifting heavier and feeling stronger in my work out
Coming back from vacation to see I've left my house clean
And old client returning to train again because they've missed working out with me
Finding ballet friends from my past on Facebook and seeing what companies they are dancing for now
Seeing that weirdo at the gym wearing his singlet and matching headband. All white on Thursday...yikes
Taking a big fat nap with no time restriction
Going to the Bayou on Saturdays
Sitting on my porch with Chelsea talking our woes away to Maverick frozen yogurt
Nice long hot shower with lots of water pressure and my favorite Loreal Body Vive shampoo...smells so good
Making dinner with Alex on a weeknight after work
Wearing my favorite hoodie and Nikes around
Sour watermelon gummies
Yellowtail sashimi
My Norah Jones CD is not scratched up like I thought it was
Sleeping on down pillows
Putting in a new pair of contacts
Seeing cute kids at the gym and getting them to wave and smile at me
Speaking with Granny and realizing my Japanese is still pretty good
Green tea chai tea from Beehive Tearoom
My Blackberry is scrolling down again after being stuck
Watching a Jazz game at Fiddler's Elbow (half off pitchers with Chelsea)

Anyway, these are my uppers. I resort to them once in a while and I think they are actually good for me. I'd be curious to know what yours are. Life is so much better when you take a hard look at these little things. Try it.

No comments:

Five More!

Five More!