THE LIFE AND TIMES

THE LIFE AND TIMES
Meeeeeeeee

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Your Face-book


So there's this phenomenon called Facebook, and I'm pretty sure it has taken over my life. Not slowly, mind you, but like a blow to the head. You really don't even know what's hit you, until you find yourself on it like it's your job. Hmmm....Lani Tamaki...Occupation, Facebook Enthusiast. That would be sweet to get paid by the hour to be on it, but quite lame at the same time. It is a sad truth...I feel like I'm in high school sometimes, and I don't like it. The good thing about Facebook is that it's always fun to see what your friends are up to, and it has allowed me to get in touch with people from all over. I even found Maya Keeley from kindergarten in Japan! Top that! And to see my old roommates from BYU's baby pictures?.....priceless, as they say. But I believe this has become a culture of sorts. First you get talked into creating a profile AGAINST your will......right? Wink wink. Thanks Ceci. And then you start to find these people from your past, and they find you, and then...you're found several hundred times. Woo hoo. Then what? It becomes a display case for your bragging rights to the amount of friends you have, or the stuff you did that weekend, or your political opinions. In any case, Facebook has done me a lot of good and I am indeed grateful for that. Geez, it's the only way my little sister Laura will "talk" to me. It's like a link to her vital signs so that I know she is still alive. Status update = heartbeat. Anyway, so because of this Facebook invasion upon my life, I have decided to be proactive and begin this lovely blog. I felt that a blog was more of an intimate look into my life, and that I could invite a select few to read about the inner workings of my brain. I forgot how much I love to write,....or maybe just hear myself talk. Ha ha. But in all honesty, my blog is my attempt to provide commentary on what I believe are relevant topics in this world. It's fun to reminisce about my childhood and my past experiences. So although my writing is not particularly profound, I hope it provides some entertainment for my audience, as it does for me.

1 comment:

suzan said...

haha! I know what you mean about facebook... I don't even know how or why I am on there all the time. I don't know what I ever did with out it (that's so sad) I was blogging long before I started facebook and I love it. It is a really fun way to sort of keep a journal and share stories and pics. I have been reaquaited with many great friends through blogging also. I'm glad you joined the fun.
PS. I totally remember telling you that you should start a blog once and you looked at me like "what the hell is a BLOG"

Five More!

Five More!