THE LIFE AND TIMES

THE LIFE AND TIMES
Meeeeeeeee

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Football, or More Like Rugby?


Okay, so I'm watching CNN just like every other American right now. I too, am roped into this Presidential election this year. I honestly feel like I am watching a football game on the television screen. It's a good one! So close....one point for Obama...Ohio?! Unprecedented!! and one vote for McCain....in Mississippi? No way! I like a little bit of unpredictability and a good close battle. I still say, may the best man win, but a landslide is just not my cup of tea. I wonder how physically and emotionally exhausted these two individuals must be right now. How do they sleep at night? Do you think they recite speeches in their dreams, or campaign from their beds? When do they sleep? No time with all of the excitement and craziness going on. I always thought Bill Clinton looked sleep deprived with those heavy bags under his eyes,.... and now we know that it wasn't the welfare of Americans that he was worried about, but the welfare of his.....cough cough...manhood and a certain intern perhaps? Ha ha. Anyway, McCain and Obama must really feel like they've been playing a rough game of football this whole time, and all I have to say is poor McCain...football at his age must be exhausting! It probably feels more like rugby to him. Ouch. You have to give it up to the both of them though, for working so hard. I just didn't particularly like the slanderous commercials and low blows that went on, but I guess that's politics. Thank goodness for Saturday Night Live and it's humanizing effects on the candidates. It was great to see the humorous side of things. And good luck America on your next four years. I'm very curious to see how this next big game turns out. And if we lose in this one, we all lose big time. And then I show up at Granny's doorstep in Nagano, Japan. Hi Granny.

No comments:

Five More!

Five More!