THE LIFE AND TIMES

THE LIFE AND TIMES
Meeeeeeeee

Saturday, November 1, 2008

28, and My First Time Voting


Okay, so I know we've all heard enough about the 2008 election. We are bombarded with television ads, opinionated coworkers, newspaper reports, and paraphenalia. (I hope I spelled that right.) In any case, I'm just excited that I actually got off of my butt and cared enought to register to vote this year. For once in my life, I am feeling the effects of the economy in my work, insurance benefits, and supermarket and gas station experiences. It is upsetting to have clients tell me that money is tight, and the economy is anything but great.....work is slow and I need to save my money......I can barely afford my membership every month let alone personal training....or can we train twice a week now, instead of three times? It breaks my heart. While there is some comfort in knowing that my occupation isn't the only one struggling, my personal experience remains the same, and the effects are still upsetting. So while I'm not 100 percent confident in either candidate this year, and wish they weren't so extreme in their viewpoints, I'm still grateful for the opportunity I have to participate by voting. And at least when the results come back and it's one way or the other, I know that I did my part to try to move this country along in whatever way I believe is the best way to go. And if all else fails, I want to move to Vancouver, Canada. Maybe I will see you there.

1 comment:

suzan said...

I'm totally one of those clients who can no longer afford training... it breaks my heart too because I know how good it is for my body and my soul! I really miss it :(

Five More!

Five More!